FREE Consultation on your Financial Strategies
- Income Swapping
- Transition to Retirement Strategies. Focused and designed to provide income strategies for pre retirement, retirement and what we call ‘reinspirement’ planning.
So, you are looking to stop working and want to plan for your future and retirement. Optimum retirement planning years are aged around your 40’s, but we find most people start seriously considering and planning their retirement in their 50’s and sometimes as late as their 60’s.
General Retirement Planning Snapshot
- Enjoyed a successful career but ready to plan your retirement exit
- You want to enjoy what you have worked so hard for over your working life
- Need help planning or managing retirement income, including advice about social security.
- You may have Super and other investments such as property, shares and managed funds and would also like to make sure your estate planning details are in order.
- Have started to talk about how to fund your retirement
- May have investments and are concerned about possible volatility in the share market
- Want help planning your future – travel, renovations, children’s education, estate planning
- May have money to invest and are ready to improve your financial position and knowledge
What are the questions most often asked about
- How much is enough for retirement?
- What is my retirement number to live the life I/we want?
- What is my retirement date and will I be debt free?
- How do I use Superannuation to reduce my overall tax burden?
- How does my superannuation relate to my family and estate plan?
- How do I structure my superannuation assets?
These are just some of the questions we find solutions to for clients every day. Retirement and superannuation is not simple, but together we can develop a strategy to ensure your superannuation is properly structured with a strategy to get you where you want to be in life.
5 Steps to Retirement?
1. Working out how you’ll fund your retirement
As retirement is getting closer, you’re probably looking for ways to grow your super savings. How you’ll access that money is also important, as it may affect the tax you pay. A financial adviser can help you:
Work out and implement strategies to boost your super before retirement.
Creating saving plans and spending budgets.
Decide how to invest your super or other assets and choose investment types that suit you.
Choose the best retirement income streams for your financial situation.
Work out strategies that may increase your eligibility for the Age Pension.
2. Selling an investment property
If you feel the time is right to sell, we can help you:
To decide what to do with the proceeds of the sale.
Consider any implications of selling before or after retirement. For example, if you sell your investment property before you retire, the Capital Gains Tax (CGT) you pay may be higher than if you sell it after you retire.
3. Downsizing or taking a tree or sea change
If you’re considering moving into a smaller home or to the coast or country, a financial adviser can help you:
Understand any financial implications, such as your eligibility for the Age Pension.
Your home is exempt from means testing, but your super and other investments may not be.
Budget for moving and buying costs.
4. Transitioning to retirement
You may be able to take advantage of a transition to retirement strategy that lets you start drawing down your super while you continue to work full time or drop down to part time hours. As financial adviser we can help you:
Work out if you can afford to cut down your working hours and use a transition to retirement pension to top up your income.
Make the most of the tax concessions available if you opt to work full-time, top up your super and draw a transition to retirement pension from your super.
5. Planning your estate
Estate planning can be one of the most important things you can do to make sure your family is provided for. It’s more than just having a current will. Together with your legal adviser, a financial adviser can help you:
Understand and minimise the tax impact of how your assets will be distributed.
Set up a Binding Death Benefit nomination for your super.
It’s a fact that we are going to be living longer so rather than retirement planning we recommend Re-Inspirement planning! In the other words what are you going to retire to?
By getting your house in order in this area, we know that most of your investment growth normally comes toward the end of your life. Which makes sense as a result of what Albert Einstein termed the 8th wonder of the world, called ‘The law of compounding“.
Like a Rocket leaving the earth… the higher you go the less resistance you encounter and faster you rise. So as gravity decreases the density of the atmosphere lessens and momentum builds.
This is what happens to your wealth creation if you allow it grow and expand. Building earlier with momentum.. wouldn’t that give you a great reason to ‘live‘ and then you may just retire to something that continues to inspire you.
*Some call this retirement but we term it re-inspirement for a very good reason..
If you are unsure of what you have or more importantly NOT HAVE, please contact us — just call to arrange a time to review where you are and where you would like to be.
One of our clients told us “Clarity and structure with a clear plan is so inspiring and knowing where you are going financially makes everyday like Christmas” What you do today, creates your tomorrow so make the best of today.
Just 45 minutes of your time is the best way to start..
It’s never too early. Don’t let it be too late.